The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Words ruin everything."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 am 
Kere

I'm sure most, if not all of you have never heard that name before.
Makes sense, guy was only ever in one movie, but I think it's important to mention his passing.

Henry "Hank" Deutschendorf, along with his twin brother Will Deutschendorf, -in addition to being John Denver's nephews, played baby Oscar in Ghostbusters II.

Henry recently lost his battle with schizoaffective disorder. In other words, he committed suicide . He was 28 years old.
Schizoaffective disorder is a chronic mental health condition which is a combination of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. People who suffer with schizoaffective disorder experience hallucinations, delusions, depression, and mania. It is a very severe mental illness that requires a lifetime of treatment.

Quote:
“Hank was diagnosed in August of 2008. If you knew Hank before his diagnosis, you knew a young man who was upbeat, healthy, witty, kind, outgoing, and was always ready to stand up for people. Medication curbed the delusions but it did not stop the voices. The side effects of the medication took a toll on Hank. He felt like a zombie, lost his personality, gained weight quickly, slept for twelve hours a day, and had to use all of his willpower just to lift his hand to drink a cup of water. My brother was left with a bandaid for a gunshot wound.”

“By the end he had 25 voices, all with different personalities and opinions, but mostly agreeing they did not like Hank.”

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer so early in the morning. This is not a soapbox post, just something that hits slightly left of close to home on a few small levels. Just like with Chris Cornell, you never know what's going in someone elses head.

Subtle nuances are for pussies.

FOM MC- PRESIDENT
Scroties

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:58 pm 
Honui Moai

Probably shouldn't rule out Vigo The Carpathian as possible cause of death as well.