The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"It probably wasn't a good idea to give me administrative access."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HUnnerts car pile up
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:08 pm 
Lunamaka'ainana Kere

Personal Statement: I miss you Roger Danger
http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/
This is always a good time!

Post subject: Re: HUnnerts car pile up
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:02 pm 
Honui Moai

yes....it was a good time!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:13 pm 
Lunamaka'ainana Kere

Personal Statement: I miss you Roger Danger
we're you there! :shock:
Man the place was packed! We parked at a big gas station/plaza right off of I80 and walked about a mile to get into the show. Traffic was backed up eevrywhere. I've never seen it so packed before. We were walking faster than the cars were moving out on the highway.
When we finally made it to the gate they told us that the state shut them down. No body could get in and they were telling people to leave.
We were meeting some fellow Red palm members Bamboo lodge and company and they had already managed to sneak intot he parking lot, so we lied and the the cops at the gate and told them that we had walked into town for some lunch and were just trying to get back to our car.
We met up withour group but then found out that they we're not letting anyone else in the gate. We stood around drinking for awhile ( we left our camera behind in the car and opted for carrying our soft pack cooler. After we got up a bit of courage we walked up near the gate. Sure enough they were turning everyone away who didn't already have a mark on their hand. Of course Roger and I didn't have a mark.
We did however get in. :wink: Had just enough time to walk around and check out the cars that were left, and purchase a kick ass Metal Moai hat pin.
Looks like next year they are going to have to move the show to someplace larger.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:44 pm 
Honui Moai

it was crazy packed! i got there early so we had no problem getting in. they are either going to have to move it to a larger venue, or be more selective on what gets through the gate. i told the fellas that they need to do a pre-entry only type deal where the entrants pre-register, send their entry fee and send in a pic or pics of their car. if the car meets the criteria it gets in. if not, they get their money back and a "no thank you" letter i saw plenty of stuff there that was nothing but a rolling crap heap. there were a LOT of cool and nice cars there though too.