The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"The Polyphonic Spree are like the Trans Siberian Orchestra...only ALL THE TIME."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Montessori schools
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:24 pm 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Enjoy Yourself
Does anyone have any pros or cons regarding Montessori schools that they would like to share?
We are thinking of heading this direction with our son.
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:10 pm 
Tourist

Not personally.

I did know two people that had their children in Montessori, the daughter of the one guy was very bright, he talked about alot of the benefits of the school. From what he told me about how it was conducted I would have no problem putting my kids in a Montessori school, I think there is more freedom in their learning it does not hold them back from exploring all that can be learned.

Otherwise, that is about all I know. Not sure if it helps or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:43 am 
Nounou Moai

Our kids went to Montessori. Cannot say enough good things about it! It gave them a great head start, and their grades are fantastic now! They sure as hell, did not get that from me :)
Ask around in your community, visit the schools, and check out the graduating classes. All of the kids that went through Montessori with our kids are getting great grades. :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:16 am 
Tourist

My girlfriend is actually an Assistant Head of Schools at a Montessori School in Massachusetts and both of her kids went to Montessori. It really gives kids a wholistic education teaching them to respect themselves and others, and to really love the whole learning process. If you'd like to speak with her more about Montessori, I'd be happy to set up a phone call for you.

Gig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:36 pm 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Go fish.
I worked for a woman many years ago in Dublin who has a Montessori. It was a wonderful environment for the kids. Lots of creative play time, learning mixed in with play, story time, etc. There was definite structure during the day but the kids could be flexible with what they did within the structure. Whenever I have kids, I wouldn't have an issue with putting them in one.

KukiAme

Post subject: Re: Montessori schools
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 am 
Tourist

Hello,

I am searching a Montessori school for my 5 years old child and I want a school which could have good teaching techniques and they took care of their students.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 am 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Ouch!
Luckily for you, the FOM Test Labs has a contract for a subsidised history fellowship with a few 19th century mill owners, mostly textile, one safety match. It's a hands-on immersion program that requires some time travel. As you can see from historical account, your child will be took good care of, for the period that is. If you see the little tot in the countryside, there are also a few prime spots in lead and coal mining. Your child will benefit society, and the Test Labs, with a choice of programs in either Roman, Anglo-Saxon or Welsh geological study. As a plus, the Roman section includes college AP credits in Latin.

Five is really too old to start training for any of the other programs. If your child is hersuite, maybe the test monkey section has an opening. Be aware, they ape their academic standards and do not require time travel.

Sent from somewhere exotic

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 pm 
Initiate Moai Ra'e

Personal Statement: Avoid the clap
Any age limit on those fellowships? Possibly something in the scullery field?! I have a couple of children that could use some......experiential learning in that particular field. (God knows they're not putting in any effort to learn it here)