The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/

Aloha Ya'll!!
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23343
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Frangipani [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Aloha Ya'll!!

I'm so excited to have finally landed in the port!! My first real foray into tiki was on my first trip to Hawaii in 2008 on my honeymoon, I was able to understand the Aloha Spirit and fell in love with Hawaii and Mai Tai's at the Pink Palace and House Without a Key. After coming back from Hawaii my husband and I were determined to recreate those killer Mai Tai's and we began experimenting at home and slowly began to realize there was a whole community of like minded individuals out there. Once we started doing more research and discovered the Mai Kai we jumped in the car and drove from Houston all the way to Ft. Lauderdale and once we were there it just blew my mind. We started to slowly meet people and since then we have met some of our dearest friends through tiki. I had the opportunity to meet some of ya'll at Ohana 2017 and at the amazing Moai Icehouse in Austin on several occasions. I'm looking forward to Ohana 2020 and getting into more shenanigans and room crawls!

Author:  Puka Puka Paniolo [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

I came home and threw together some bad rum and fruit juice and thought this tastes awful. Nothing like I had there. Luckily we found Beachbum Berry who taught us how to make a proper Mai Tai. Then we saw all the other drinks and started reading the history. How fascinating! From there we just kept falling further and further down the tiki rabbit hole, loving every damn second of it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  AnTiki [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Aloha Fancypanties!

We are soooo happy to have you in the Port!! And I LOVE your PINK!!

Author:  the mighty OZ [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Welcome! Glad you found a good Mai-Tai, I’ve had some truly awful ones.

Aloha, OZ

Author:  Savage Patty [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Aloha and welcome! We also visited House Without A Key on our honeymoon. One of many magical memories of the islands.

Author:  Princess Pupule [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Welcome, Welcome!
So glad you're here :mrgreen: :wowza: :wowza:

Author:  Frangipani [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Mahalo! Unfortunately there are a lot of bad Mai Tai's out there but that is why finding a really good one is so magical.
:)
the mighty OZ wrote:
Welcome! Glad you found a good Mai-Tai, I’ve had some truly awful ones.

Aloha, OZ

Author:  Frangipani [ Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Mahalo!! Hawaii has a very special place in my heart. I have been lucky enough to visit three of the islands so far.
House Without a Key is truly magical.
Savage Patty wrote:
Aloha and welcome! We also visited House Without A Key on our honeymoon. One of many magical memories of the islands.

Author:  JonTiki [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Aloooo-Howdy! We just got back from Hawaii... Did not have a drink at House Without A Key, but did find the Mina Bird at the International Marketplace...Amazing cocktails, and La Mariana Sailing Club...an old classic with less-than-stellar cocktails....

Author:  kristiki [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Welcome!

Author:  Frangipani [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

ME TOO!!! :lol: 8) :D
Princess Pupule wrote:
Welcome, Welcome!
So glad you're here :mrgreen: :wowza: :wowza:

Author:  Frangipani [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Mahalo!!
kristiki wrote:
Welcome!

Author:  Frangipani [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

I'm SO happy to be in the port!! :lol: :lol:
AnTiki wrote:
Aloha Fancypanties!

We are soooo happy to have you in the Port!! And I LOVE your PINK!!

Author:  Frangipani [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Mahalo!! Nice!! La Mariana Sailing Club and Mina Bird are definitely on the list for next visit.
JonTiki wrote:
Aloooo-Howdy! We just got back from Hawaii... Did not have a drink at House Without A Key, but did find the Mina Bird at the International Marketplace...Amazing cocktails, and La Mariana Sailing Club...an old classic with less-than-stellar cocktails....

Author:  rocketbetty [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Aloha and welcome! Glad you made it to our shores.

Author:  Frangipani [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

rocketbetty wrote:
Aloha and welcome! Glad you made it to our shores.

Mahalo!!!

Author:  kemika_popoki [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Frangipani wrote:
Mahalo! Unfortunately there are a lot of bad Mai Tai's out there but that is why finding a really good one is so magical.
:)
the mighty OZ wrote:
Welcome! Glad you found a good Mai-Tai, I’ve had some truly awful ones.

Aloha, OZ


Aloha! There are so many bad Mai Tais out there, and I know people who love those syrupy concoctions. I guess you like what you like. Then again, I'm a fan of the Fernet, so what does that say about me. I'm kind of new to Instagram, but I started an account just for pictures of bad (sometimes good) Mai Tais I have found.

https://www.instagram.com/bad_mai_tais/

Author:  Puka Puka Paniolo [ Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

kemika_popoki wrote:
Frangipani wrote:
Mahalo! Unfortunately there are a lot of bad Mai Tai's out there but that is why finding a really good one is so magical.
:)
the mighty OZ wrote:
Welcome! Glad you found a good Mai-Tai, I’ve had some truly awful ones.

Aloha, OZ


Aloha! There are so many bad Mai Tais out there, and I know people who love those syrupy concoctions. I guess you like what you like. Then again, I'm a fan of the Fernet, so what does that say about me. I'm kind of new to Instagram, but I started an account just for pictures of bad (sometimes good) Mai Tais I have found.

https://www.instagram.com/bad_mai_tais/


A valiant and worthwhile endeavor indeed! Who really wants a 51 oz version of flavored Bacardi?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  The Mayor Of Exotica [ Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

There's just no time for bad Mai Tais. Let the Parrot Headz drink them.

Author:  kemika_popoki [ Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Puka Puka Paniolo wrote:

A valiant and worthwhile endeavor indeed! Who really wants a 51 oz version of flavored Bacardi?



I'm only taking pictures...not necessarily drinking such swill. It's amusing how such a simple recipe has been bastardized. Dragon Berry Rum? Seriously?

Author:  Puka Puka Paniolo [ Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

kemika_popoki wrote:
Puka Puka Paniolo wrote:

A valiant and worthwhile endeavor indeed! Who really wants a 51 oz version of flavored Bacardi?



I'm only taking pictures...not necessarily drinking such swill. It's amusing how such a simple recipe has been bastardized. Dragon Berry Rum? Seriously?


Maybe they were already drunk? We said Beachbum Berry and rum not Dragon Berry Rum!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  Rhum Runner [ Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Aloha and welcome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Author:  Frangipani [ Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Mahalo!!
rocketbetty wrote:
Aloha and welcome! Glad you made it to our shores.

Author:  Frangipani [ Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Mahalo!!
Rhum Runner wrote:
Aloha and welcome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Author:  The Captain [ Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aloha Ya'll!!

Aloha fellow Austinite! Welcome to port!

--The Captain

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/