The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"That's a first, having to take down the bamboo wind chime before a conference call."


Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:34 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:35 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Pittsburgh
Personal Statement: I like fun.
Aloha! During these QuaranTiki times, Vee and Sarah are hosting a Saturday Night Social Distancing Luau! Special guest ZsaZsa RumWhore will be performing, and we’ll tell some stories and have a toast to RugbyMatt.

Link to the event and Zoom here: https://facebook.com/events/s/saturday- ... 79/?ti=icl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:47 pm 
Online
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:48 am
Posts: 749
Location: indanapolis
Personal Statement: tiki
Ok

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:37 pm 
Offline
Kere
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:05 pm
Posts: 15701
Location: The apartment above Gunsmoke's James Arness.
Personal Statement: cromagnon ohio thugs
I'm all in. :fez:

_________________
"He spits his chaw like venom"
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:43 am 
Offline
Avai Rona
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 5326
Location: Depends on what day it is.
Personal Statement: Drink? Jet Pilot!!!
In like Flint.

_________________
To Taua Na Moai Mau Loa, Roger, Rob and Matt.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:21 am 
Offline
Manawale'a Avahata
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:04 am
Posts: 8645
Personal Statement: Uptown funk you up
On my calendar!

_________________
A toast to my friends Roger, Rob, and Rugby Matt. Aloha au iā ‘oe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:49 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 pm
Posts: 6791
Location: Deep down the rabbit hole
Personal Statement: Ouch!
Some of our friends make a living as artists.

Can we get a method to tip, pass the hat, or drop some coin into the instrument case of our FOMily musicians? I'd love to see a Zoom gig with our friends. It's not the 25 piece Bamboo Saxotica in Whispers, but a quick solo set from the Great Moai Songbook would be fun.

_________________
Set a course for the Foc's'le Lounge!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Excrementus Cadaemus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:33 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 1832
Location: Xalapa, VER (México)
Personal Statement: Sleeps in hollow logs
foredeckape wrote:
Some of our friends make a living as artists.

Can we get a method to tip, pass the hat, or drop some coin into the instrument case of our FOMily musicians? I'd love to see a Zoom gig with our friends. It's not the 25 piece Bamboo Saxotica in Whispers, but a quick solo set from the Great Moai Songbook would be fun.


That does sound like a great idea. Although my latest project, Esquivel 100, is not well suited to that format, it's 25 or so musicians, who need to be in the same room. The Professah has mentioned using an app to record some new material across distances, so that may be a thing in the near future. Solo alto flute can be kinda sad. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:18 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 pm
Posts: 6791
Location: Deep down the rabbit hole
Personal Statement: Ouch!
The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
foredeckape wrote:
Some of our friends make a living as artists.

Can we get a method to tip, pass the hat, or drop some coin into the instrument case of our FOMily musicians? I'd love to see a Zoom gig with our friends. It's not the 25 piece Bamboo Saxotica in Whispers, but a quick solo set from the Great Moai Songbook would be fun.


That does sound like a great idea. Although my latest project, Esquivel 100, is not well suited to that format, it's 25 or so musicians, who need to be in the same room. The Professah has mentioned using an app to record some new material across distances, so that may be a thing in the near future. Solo alto flute can be kinda sad. :cry:


Solo shakuhachi flute?

_________________
Set a course for the Foc's'le Lounge!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Excrementus Cadaemus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:53 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 1832
Location: Xalapa, VER (México)
Personal Statement: Sleeps in hollow logs
foredeckape wrote:
The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
foredeckape wrote:
Some of our friends make a living as artists.

Can we get a method to tip, pass the hat, or drop some coin into the instrument case of our FOMily musicians? I'd love to see a Zoom gig with our friends. It's not the 25 piece Bamboo Saxotica in Whispers, but a quick solo set from the Great Moai Songbook would be fun.


That does sound like a great idea. Although my latest project, Esquivel 100, is not well suited to that format, it's 25 or so musicians, who need to be in the same room. The Professah has mentioned using an app to record some new material across distances, so that may be a thing in the near future. Solo alto flute can be kinda sad. :cry:


Solo shakuhachi flute?


Not so much sad as forlorn. :cry: :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:13 pm 
Offline
Kere
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:05 pm
Posts: 15701
Location: The apartment above Gunsmoke's James Arness.
Personal Statement: cromagnon ohio thugs
So, when's the next one?

_________________
"He spits his chaw like venom"
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:54 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:45 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Personal Statement: Love who you are.
I agree. We’re due for another


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:30 pm 
Offline
Matato'a
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:07 pm
Posts: 4070
How about this Saturday?
If there’s interest, I’ll rally the group.

_________________
.
..
...
....
.....

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.


FOM MC
President

Viva El Scroties!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:12 pm 
Offline
Kere
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:57 am
Posts: 7391
Location: 40:40:11N 73:56:38W
Personal Statement: I choose booze.
Tiki Vee wrote:
How about this Saturday?
If there’s interest, I’ll rally the group.

Duh...how could we NOT do this on 5/2....???

:roll: 8) :fez:

_________________
What happen here i can't understand. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:15 pm 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:45 pm
Posts: 257
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Personal Statement: Love who you are.
It would be criminal NOT to have one on 5/2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:50 am 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm
Posts: 945
Location: Bull City
Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
Let's do it!

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:40 am 
Offline
Matato'a
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:07 pm
Posts: 4070
Info has been posted on the FaceyBooks.
But for those not social media inclined, here ya go.

ImageSocial Distancing Luau 3

_________________
.
..
...
....
.....

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.


FOM MC
President

Viva El Scroties!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: z~Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
POWERED_BY
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr