The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Hey Chris and Carrots."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Friday
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:42 am 
Tourist

I posted the following on our Texas Tiki page this morning to try to help our local Houston tiki bar. Hopefully it does some good and earns a few bucks for our tiki bartenders who always bring us aloha.

Aloha ya’ll. Today is Good Friday. Unfortunately it is not a Good Friday for our friends at our favorite tiki bars and I would like to change that with some Texas sized Aloha spirit! We have over 1,000 members in this group. I know some of you are likely struggling as well, but if you are able if we all could give just $5 we could easily raise $5,000 for one bar staff and help turn this into a real Good Friday. Let’s start with Lei Low as they were the first bar in Texas of the tiki resurgence. If this targeted approach works we could then expand to other bars. These folks are struggling so let’s use our collective ability as Texas Tiki Ohana to do some good. I have made an initial donation this morning to start this off. You can contribute on Venmo to Lei Low Staff. Thanks to all the artist and to everyone who has been contributing already. Mahalo and I hope you have a tiki-tastic weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Good Friday
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:10 am 
Manawale'a Motuha

Love this idea!
Given how long the shut downs are dragging on, I know many of us supported our local bars & favorite tiki bars initially with donations and/or buying Merch, but it’s time for another (virtual) round to help their folks.

Great idea & Mahalo for posting!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Good Friday
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:51 am 
Tourist

Princess Pupule wrote:
Love this idea!
Given how long the shut downs are dragging on, I know many of us supported our local bars & favorite tiki bars initially with donations and/or buying Merch, but it’s time for another (virtual) round to help their folks.

Great idea & Mahalo for posting!
Thanks! It’s tough I know with so many folks that could use the support. I know Lei Low treated me like a Rock Star on my 40th birthday (and many other times as well) Just trying to spread the aloha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk