The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"Where exactly is Girl and Boyland? Because if they’re having a jubilee, I want in."


Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:32 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
I'm so excited to have finally landed in the port!! My first real foray into tiki was on my first trip to Hawaii in 2008 on my honeymoon, I was able to understand the Aloha Spirit and fell in love with Hawaii and Mai Tai's at the Pink Palace and House Without a Key. After coming back from Hawaii my husband and I were determined to recreate those killer Mai Tai's and we began experimenting at home and slowly began to realize there was a whole community of like minded individuals out there. Once we started doing more research and discovered the Mai Kai we jumped in the car and drove from Houston all the way to Ft. Lauderdale and once we were there it just blew my mind. We started to slowly meet people and since then we have met some of our dearest friends through tiki. I had the opportunity to meet some of ya'll at Ohana 2017 and at the amazing Moai Icehouse in Austin on several occasions. I'm looking forward to Ohana 2020 and getting into more shenanigans and room crawls!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 pm 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 pm
Posts: 54
I came home and threw together some bad rum and fruit juice and thought this tastes awful. Nothing like I had there. Luckily we found Beachbum Berry who taught us how to make a proper Mai Tai. Then we saw all the other drinks and started reading the history. How fascinating! From there we just kept falling further and further down the tiki rabbit hole, loving every damn second of it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:48 pm 
Offline
Tetu Tiki Gogoro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:05 pm
Posts: 209
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Personal Statement: Aloha HARD
Aloha Fancypanties!

We are soooo happy to have you in the Port!! And I LOVE your PINK!!

_________________
AnTiki

ImageImageImageImageImage


Last edited by AnTiki on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:55 pm 
Offline
Avai Rona
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 5413
Location: Depends on what day it is.
Personal Statement: Drink? Jet Pilot!!!
Welcome! Glad you found a good Mai-Tai, I’ve had some truly awful ones.

Aloha, OZ

_________________
To Taua Na Moai Mau Loa, Roger, Rob and Matt.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:07 pm 
Offline
Hoa Aga
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:27 am
Posts: 1826
Location: Land o' Lincoln
Personal Statement: 4LokoCocoLocoMocoSoco!
Aloha and welcome! We also visited House Without A Key on our honeymoon. One of many magical memories of the islands.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:20 pm 
Offline
Manawale'a Motuha
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:16 am
Posts: 12988
Location: The Land of AstroTurf, BBQ & Cupcakes
Welcome, Welcome!
So glad you're here :mrgreen: :wowza: :wowza:

_________________
You can tell it's good if you light it and a blue flame comes up; that means it's good moonshine and it won't make you go blind.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
Mahalo! Unfortunately there are a lot of bad Mai Tai's out there but that is why finding a really good one is so magical.
:)
the mighty OZ wrote:
Welcome! Glad you found a good Mai-Tai, I’ve had some truly awful ones.

Aloha, OZ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:21 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
Mahalo!! Hawaii has a very special place in my heart. I have been lucky enough to visit three of the islands so far.
House Without a Key is truly magical.
Savage Patty wrote:
Aloha and welcome! We also visited House Without A Key on our honeymoon. One of many magical memories of the islands.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:06 am 
Offline
Fellow Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:09 am
Posts: 596
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Aloooo-Howdy! We just got back from Hawaii... Did not have a drink at House Without A Key, but did find the Mina Bird at the International Marketplace...Amazing cocktails, and La Mariana Sailing Club...an old classic with less-than-stellar cocktails....

_________________
The Creative Adult is the Child Who Survived...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am 
Offline
Manawale'a Avahata
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:04 am
Posts: 8751
Personal Statement: Uptown funk you up
Welcome!

_________________
A toast to my friends Roger, Rob, and Rugby Matt. Aloha au iā ‘oe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:18 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
ME TOO!!! :lol: 8) :D
Princess Pupule wrote:
Welcome, Welcome!
So glad you're here :mrgreen: :wowza: :wowza:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:18 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
Mahalo!!
kristiki wrote:
Welcome!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:20 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
I'm SO happy to be in the port!! :lol: :lol:
AnTiki wrote:
Aloha Fancypanties!

We are soooo happy to have you in the Port!! And I LOVE your PINK!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:22 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
Mahalo!! Nice!! La Mariana Sailing Club and Mina Bird are definitely on the list for next visit.
JonTiki wrote:
Aloooo-Howdy! We just got back from Hawaii... Did not have a drink at House Without A Key, but did find the Mina Bird at the International Marketplace...Amazing cocktails, and La Mariana Sailing Club...an old classic with less-than-stellar cocktails....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:08 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: Bull City
Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
Aloha and welcome! Glad you made it to our shores.

_________________
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:21 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
rocketbetty wrote:
Aloha and welcome! Glad you made it to our shores.

Mahalo!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:40 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:50 pm
Posts: 380
Location: Atlanta, GA
Personal Statement: I'm pro-metric.
Frangipani wrote:
Mahalo! Unfortunately there are a lot of bad Mai Tai's out there but that is why finding a really good one is so magical.
:)
the mighty OZ wrote:
Welcome! Glad you found a good Mai-Tai, I’ve had some truly awful ones.

Aloha, OZ


Aloha! There are so many bad Mai Tais out there, and I know people who love those syrupy concoctions. I guess you like what you like. Then again, I'm a fan of the Fernet, so what does that say about me. I'm kind of new to Instagram, but I started an account just for pictures of bad (sometimes good) Mai Tais I have found.

https://www.instagram.com/bad_mai_tais/

_________________
Poop jokes are always funny.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:42 pm 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 pm
Posts: 54
kemika_popoki wrote:
Frangipani wrote:
Mahalo! Unfortunately there are a lot of bad Mai Tai's out there but that is why finding a really good one is so magical.
:)
the mighty OZ wrote:
Welcome! Glad you found a good Mai-Tai, I’ve had some truly awful ones.

Aloha, OZ


Aloha! There are so many bad Mai Tais out there, and I know people who love those syrupy concoctions. I guess you like what you like. Then again, I'm a fan of the Fernet, so what does that say about me. I'm kind of new to Instagram, but I started an account just for pictures of bad (sometimes good) Mai Tais I have found.

https://www.instagram.com/bad_mai_tais/


A valiant and worthwhile endeavor indeed! Who really wants a 51 oz version of flavored Bacardi?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:15 pm 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:54 am
Posts: 1866
Location: Xalapa, VER (México)
Personal Statement: Sleeps in hollow logs
There's just no time for bad Mai Tais. Let the Parrot Headz drink them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:05 am 
Offline
Honui Moai
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:50 pm
Posts: 380
Location: Atlanta, GA
Personal Statement: I'm pro-metric.
Puka Puka Paniolo wrote:

A valiant and worthwhile endeavor indeed! Who really wants a 51 oz version of flavored Bacardi?



I'm only taking pictures...not necessarily drinking such swill. It's amusing how such a simple recipe has been bastardized. Dragon Berry Rum? Seriously?

_________________
Poop jokes are always funny.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:46 pm 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:11 pm
Posts: 54
kemika_popoki wrote:
Puka Puka Paniolo wrote:

A valiant and worthwhile endeavor indeed! Who really wants a 51 oz version of flavored Bacardi?



I'm only taking pictures...not necessarily drinking such swill. It's amusing how such a simple recipe has been bastardized. Dragon Berry Rum? Seriously?


Maybe they were already drunk? We said Beachbum Berry and rum not Dragon Berry Rum!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:43 pm 
Offline
Tourist
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:40 pm
Posts: 22
Location: College Station, TX
Personal Statement: You're using coconuts!
Aloha and welcome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

_________________
“Alcohol may be man’s worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy.” – Frank Sinatra


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:16 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
Mahalo!!
rocketbetty wrote:
Aloha and welcome! Glad you made it to our shores.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:18 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm
Posts: 16
Mahalo!!
Rhum Runner wrote:
Aloha and welcome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aloha Ya'll!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:00 pm 
Offline
Tourist

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:36 am
Posts: 50
Aloha fellow Austinite! Welcome to port!

--The Captain


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: z~Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY
Translated by Xaphos © 2007, 2008, 2009 phpBB.fr