The Islands of the Fraternal Order of Moai

"You can't test yourself out of quarantine, but you can drum your way through it."

Homepage Homepage    Leadership Leadership    Foundation Foundation    Local Chapters Local Chapters  News News    Events Events   

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introduction
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:51 pm 
Tourist

Hi all,

I just learned about F.O.M. recently from a friend. I am interested in becoming a Fellow Moai. Much like most others and a member I came in contact with, I share the same/similar interests and passions. I'm not sure what else to write other than I have lived life as a DJ, journalist, musician, sound engineer and failed comedian all to support my alter ego as "That Guy That Does Weird Stuff With Computers". Also, I might be addicted to music but I'm getting help from fellow enablers.

Post subject: Re: Introduction
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:42 am 
Tourist

Aloha

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:46 am 
Avai Rona

Personal Statement: Drink? Jet Pilot!!!
Aloha!

Welcome ashore.

You will find several fellow musicians here as well. Not me though, I enjoy listening to music (most kinds) but I can barely carry a tune on the radio.

What’s your favorite style and band? Do you have a favorite Tiki bar and/or drink?

Inquiring minds want to know more.

OZ :fez:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:13 pm 
Initiate Moai Ra'e

Aloha!

It's a pleasure to meet you.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:05 am 
Tourist

the mighty OZ wrote:
Aloha!

Welcome ashore.

You will find several fellow musicians here as well. Not me though, I enjoy listening to music (most kinds) but I can barely carry a tune on the radio.

What’s your favorite style and band? Do you have a favorite Tiki bar and/or drink?

Inquiring minds want to know more.

OZ :fez:

Oh jeez. I'm not sure I have one particularly favorite style but if I had to choose, I would say, "unique". Most ambient styles from Exotica to modular electronic get a lot of play around here, especially on vinyl. Rockabilly and its sub genres and permutations as well. As far as what I play, that's probably as strange as what my record collection looks like. Played in bands that were rockabilly/punk, metal, experimental and now doing solo stuff. I find it hard to nail down my current "likes". Does anyone else have that problem?

I don't have a home or favorite Tiki bar anymore as the ones in the area have all closed quite some time ago. I was unaware of so many across the country and will have to make a point to travel and see them. As for favorite drink, a well made Rum Runner though I'm looking for a new favorite. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am 
Fellow Moai

Personal Statement: ... downright heathenish.
Aloha and welcome ... Curtastrophe! Much success as you begin your voyage. Glad to chat about another drink to try if you want to start expanding the horizons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:06 am 
Honui Moai

Personal Statement: Leopard is a neutral.
Aloha and welcome! In which barren tiki area do you live? I have found that while my area, North Carolina, has no full fledged tiki bars, we do have tiki bartenders, home tiki bars, and plenty of great ohana.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:01 pm 
Tourist

rocketbetty wrote:
Aloha and welcome! In which barren tiki area do you live? I have found that while my area, North Carolina, has no full fledged tiki bars, we do have tiki bartenders, home tiki bars, and plenty of great ohana.

Aloha and thank you!

I currently reside in the Dayton Ohio area. We had one ages ago, The Tropics, which I vaguely remember but it's era has long since passed. I'm currently in the process of building a home tiki bar to which I can also DJ in. We'll see how this goes.