Tagata A'o KukuAhu and the leadership of the Fraternal Order of Moai have announced a newly revised mission statement for the Order.
The mission of the Fraternal Order of Moai is to serve as the premier fraternal organization and social network for all men and women interested in tiki culture and the Polynesian pop era; to spread the aloha spirit.
Our mission is guided by these core values:
- Good works: We will improve our communities through charitable acts.
- Fellowship: We will provide a healthy and active social network for our members.
- Spirit: We will improve ourselves and our lives via the F.O.M. philosophies, and help our Fellow Moai to do the same.
- Presence: We will develop new chapters and establish brick and mortar lodges everywhere that Fellow Moai gather.
- Preservation: We will document the history of tiki culture and learn the skills of Polynesian pop art.
- Celebration: We will develop many regional tiki themed gatherings.
We know what you're thinking... "A mission statement? Isn't that a little corporate?" Don't worry, we aren't closing up the tiki bar to have a lot of meetings. Basically we are saying that you can be creative and escapist while still seeking some societal benefit from it. We think of it as fun with a purpose.
Stop by the Port of the Initiate and see what we're up to today.
Keep the torches burning,
— Tagata Maori Rogorogo