The Kokoru Chapter is Supporting Local Breasts!

Aloha,

Kokoru Chapter

The Kokoru Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Moai has formed Team Kokoru for the 2009 Komen Maryland Race for the Cure, Sunday, October 18, 2009 in Hunt Valley, Maryland.

The team will be walking 3.1 miles to help fund breast cancer research and community outreach programs through the Maryland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The majority of the chapter is walking and has set the lofty goal of raising at $2,525. Through contributions from all of the chapter members plus many generous Fellow Moai from around the country, the team has raised over $700 thus far.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure - Maryland

Breast cancer has directly affected several members of the chapter. Without a cure, 1 in 8 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer as well. This is your opportunity to do something about it! A minimum of 25% of the net income from the Race goes toward the National Susan G. Komen Award and Research Grant Programs and the remaining 75% stays right in the local community to help the medically underserved receive breast health education, screening and treatment services.

You can make a donation to Team Kokoru at this link: komenmd.kintera.org/2009/kokoru.

Thank you for supporting Team Kokoru in their efforts to raise money for this worthy cause!

Mahalo,

—Tagata Maori Rogorgo

No feedback yet

Free Blog Theme and Blog Templates